Re: [sharechat] SKC and SARS

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 00:12:50 +1200

Hi  Ben,

> > I was able to listen to the mid day business news on National Radio
> > Gerry.   It was a news item on the twenty past twelve bulletin.  My
> > impression was it was a news release from SKC, not just a
> > commentator making it up, but I could be wrong.
>
> While I don't doubt the validity of this comment, it may be worthwhile
> looking at how SARS is affecting SKC's peers in Australia.  This
> report in yesterday's Australian:
>
> "Jupiter's Ltd expects the deadly SARS virus to depress its pre-tax
> earnings by up to $3 million in 2002-03"

Actually the original news release that I heard did mention the the
profit downgrade of Jupiters due to SARS.  It then went on to say that
despite the downtun in tourists from Asia SKC had seen no material
effect on their profits.

Basically profits at SKC are not dependent on Asian tourists gambling
to any significant extent and never have been.  That is why SARS is
not having an effect on SKC.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy