RE: Re: [sharechat] SKC and SARS

From: <philip@goodreturns.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:14:52 +1200

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Dutton [mailto:bdutton@ihug.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 11:28 AM
To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
Subject: Re: Re: [sharechat] SKC and SARS

> I was able to listen to the mid day business news on National Radio
> Gerry.   It was a news item on the twenty past twelve bulletin.  My
> impression was it was a news release from SKC, not just a
> commentator making it up, but I could be wrong.

While I don't doubt the validity of this comment, it may be worthwhile
looking at how SARS is affecting SKC's peers in Australia.  This report in
yesterday's Australian:

"Jupiter's Ltd expects the deadly SARS virus to depress its pre-tax earnings
by up to $3 million in 2002-03"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,6394492%5E462,00.html

Perhaps the easiest way to clear up conjecture over SARS and how it's affecting SKC is for management to issue a guidance statement.

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
Disc. No SKC