Re: [sharechat] financial advisers/building inspectors

From: "DR" <hamish@webmail.visp.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 12:03:21 +1200

Mick,
You are being a bit harsh on these fellows.   :-)
After all they are largely drawn from the poor redundant middle managers made redundant in the last decade.
These guys are the tip of the iceberg most of them being submerged in real estate offices in NZ. (see below)

I would willingly pay them a delayed commission based strictly on the increase in value of the investment 12 months after purchase.
That would be valuable to me and would prevent 'churning' as well.

Real estate commissions etc. I do not know how the REI holds back commission discounting but I do recal in the '70show they lifted their rates without any resistance. If you are selling a property about the only chance you have to keep their take down is to offer them the sale on the basis of the industry low commission rate (B & T in Auckland) and most times they will agree.
I also recall in the early 70s how mens clothing shops lifted their mark up from 60% to 70% citing overheads. What then happened was a significant increase in  the numbers of new shops. So no one gained in the end.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: RE: Re: [sharechat] SKC and SARS philip