[sharechat] financial advisers/building inspectors

From: "mvanv" <mvanv@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:46:05 +1200

Phillip wrote;

I’m interested in this discussion, not that it helps me understand any stocks, but more to do with regulation of people like builders and financial planners.

Through our other web site www.goodreturns.co.nz and our print magazine Asset we have been writing about the government’s plans to regulate financial advisers.

Currently Commerce Minister Lianne Dalziel is looking at regulation for builders and financial advisers and is keen to get somd debate going.

I would be interested in any thoughts ShareChat readers may have about regulation of financial advisers. Is it a good idea, how could it be done and would registration achieve anything?

Hi Phillip,

I think the Govt. will have more success regulating builders than trying to regulate financial advisers

Financial advisers are nothing but glorified salespeople.

It will be impossible to stop them from pushing the products which put the most money in thier

own back pockets rather than trying to sell poducts which thier clients will benifit most from.

To put it bluntly, these  parasites should be rounded-up and shot.

Mick

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] SKC and SARS tennyson@caverock.net.nz