Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Frucor again

From: "Mike Beal" <mike.beal@amb.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:09:35 +1200

Frucor stats:

- Target market is primarily 18-24 year olds;
- Using mid-point in indicative price range ($2.10) P/E = 12.9
- F/cast Dividend yield of 5.7% 2001
- 60% market share in NZ AND Australian energy drinks market
- Recent sales in Australia exceed NZ and continue to grow strongly
- Earnings forecast for 2001 ten times higher than that of 1996
- Friend was recently looking after a bunch of kids, she purchased Coke for
them and they complained bitterly that it wasn't V!
- Interest coverage 7.7x f/cast 2000, 9.4x f/cast 2001
Frucor only took over this brand in November '99
because Pepsi was killing them in blind tastings (Pepsi's sweeter than Coke)
- Coke's response via 'Lift Plus' sucks.
- With a relatively tiny int'l market cap who knows, maybe a Coke will step
in and decide 'look at that pesky little company with a market cap of only
NZD250m, that little product V's doing quite well, perhaps we should buy it'
(with petty cash)
- Few capital expenditures, it makes the stuff and doesn't distribute it
- Per capita consumption in Oz of energy drinks is 0.5 litres vs. 2.3 litres
in NZ

Still maintain that this is an awesome growth stock opportunity with a value
stock price tag!

Mike B.