RE: [sharechat] On line brokers

From: Mike Nelson <bb2345@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 13:06:06 +1200

Wili,

Go to http://www.stockscape.co.nz for a live view of the NZSE. It costs
about $30 a month or is free with a 20min delay. One problem is you need to
download an older version browser to see it. I use Netscape Navigator 3.4

Another good mark for Direct Broking I see.

MN

At 12:51 PM 05-05-00 +1200, you wrote:

>I fully concur with Chris. I have been dealing Direct Broking for about a
>year and am very satisfied with their service.
>
>They also provide an on-line facility by which buys/sells are executed by
>means of a trigger price, which can be used for automatic stops. I don't
>know, though, whether this facility is open to all members.
>
>The only shortcoming on DB's site in my opinion, is the fact that watchlist-
>and market data is delayed, which requires one to call up stocks
>individually for live updates - a real nuisance for day traders.
>
>I rate the Australian 'Quicken' site as an excellent example of an on-line
>broking site. It's worth a look at www.quicken.com.au.
>
>Regards
>Willi
>

>Mike,
>
>Direct Broking get my vote for efficiency.  Their acknowledgement is as
>quick as you can reload and subsequent trade almost intant.  ASX orders
>are phoned on to Cameron Sharebrokers immediately.  The email
>notification of announcements, price changes etc is extremely helpful and
>0800 line allows me to use my mobile to check depth without going
>offline.  To top it off, account queries are promptly answered.
>
>I have recently started using ABN-AMRO as my full service broker.  The
>daily emailed market update is fantastic.  ABN do not have a large retail
>client base but are obviously putting a few features in place that
>previously only their extensive institutional clients enjoyed.
>
>My own rule is, trade through ABN exclusively where information provided
>by them prompts me to buy/sell.  I have no problem paying a higher
>commission where valuable information is provided.
>
>No this is not an advertisement, just an opportunity to say something
>positve about a couple of good service providers.  Maybe it is an
>opportune time to poll Sharechat subscribers on both online and service
>brokers.  Your thoughts?
>
>Regards,
>Chris
>

>>Roy,
>>
>>What brokerage provided that sort of service ? And how long on average do
>>you wait to see the results posted ? IOW if the trade takes place at 10am
>>what sort of lag before you see that appear on your screen ?
>>
>>MN
>>

>>At 10:15 AM 05-05-00 +1200, you wrote:
>>>Not only online brokers.
>>>Have had the same effect when placing orders on the phone with client
>>>advisors who don't have a dealing terminal!
>>>Todate (crossed fingers) have seen my "online" orders processed on the
>NZSE
>>>screens within a few minutes after me hitting the send key!
>>>

>>>Roy Edwards
>>>PO Box 126
>>>Tauranga
>>>New Zealand
>>>Ph 07-578-0324

>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
>To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
> [...]
Looking for top accommodation in Wellington for more than a week ? Check
out our homepage at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bb2345/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.