RE: [sharechat] On line brokers

From: "Wilfried Roding" <roding@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 12:51:25 +1200

I fully concur with Chris. I have been dealing Direct Broking for about a
year and am very satisfied with their service.

They also provide an on-line facility by which buys/sells are executed by
means of a trigger price, which can be used for automatic stops. I don't
know, though, whether this facility is open to all members.

The only shortcoming on DB's site in my opinion, is the fact that watchlist-
and market data is delayed, which requires one to call up stocks
individually for live updates - a real nuisance for day traders.

I rate the Australian 'Quicken' site as an excellent example of an on-line
broking site. It's worth a look at www.quicken.com.au.

Regards
Willi

Mike,

Direct Broking get my vote for efficiency.  Their acknowledgement is as
quick as you can reload and subsequent trade almost intant.  ASX orders
are phoned on to Cameron Sharebrokers immediately.  The email
notification of announcements, price changes etc is extremely helpful and
0800 line allows me to use my mobile to check depth without going
offline.  To top it off, account queries are promptly answered.

I have recently started using ABN-AMRO as my full service broker.  The
daily emailed market update is fantastic.  ABN do not have a large retail
client base but are obviously putting a few features in place that
previously only their extensive institutional clients enjoyed.

My own rule is, trade through ABN exclusively where information provided
by them prompts me to buy/sell.  I have no problem paying a higher
commission where valuable information is provided.

No this is not an advertisement, just an opportunity to say something
positve about a couple of good service providers.  Maybe it is an
opportune time to poll Sharechat subscribers on both online and service
brokers.  Your thoughts?

Regards,
Chris

>Roy,
>
>What brokerage provided that sort of service ? And how long on average do
>you wait to see the results posted ? IOW if the trade takes place at 10am
>what sort of lag before you see that appear on your screen ?
>
>MN
>

>At 10:15 AM 05-05-00 +1200, you wrote:
>>Not only online brokers.
>>Have had the same effect when placing orders on the phone with client
>>advisors who don't have a dealing terminal!
>>Todate (crossed fingers) have seen my "online" orders processed on the
NZSE

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.