Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

[sharechat] Some constructive criticism please

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 07:35:47 +1200

The tone of some recent posts dismays me - by all means, feel free to
criticise companies and their performance - but please keep it constructive.
Sure, it's easy to bag a company for the sake of bagging it - but, if you do
feel that way, your points would be much more effective if they were
presented in a constructive way.

I certainly don't want to see any more "unofficial names" on this forum.

So, in light of the recent negativity, I'd like to say the following
_positive_ comments about the action we've seen in the last week or so...

1)  Congratulations to all Fletcher shareholders (especially FLP).  It's
been a long and hard ride, but it seems that sticking with the Fletcher's
has finally started to pay off.  Congratulations also to the management of
Fletchers for organising the FLP deal - lets hope that the upcoming FFS
announcement will be just as positive.

2)  Congratulations to all AIRVB holders.  If you followed Frank's analysis
and picked some up when they were trading around the 230-240 band, you'd be
sitting on a nice profit already, AIRVB closed at 261 last night - and the
assumed upcoming Singapore deal still hasn't been finalised.

If you missed Frank's commentary, check it out at:

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2000/03/msg00985.shtml

I'm also looking forward to the developments in FRO, following Frank's
commentary on Monday (check out the Best Post box on the front page for the
links).

3)  Congratulations to all IT and "tech" stock holders that _didn't_ sell
their holdings in a panic following the NASDAQ's wild gyrations over the
past couple of days.  As I write, the NASDAQ has moved up again (even though
this could change in a minute ; ), proving once again that quality tech will
never die.  It's the same with any sector - look for the companies that have
profits (or realistic profit projections), good management and strong
growth.

So, once again, let's try and keep things positive.

It's been a great couple of days on the NZSE, proving that this sharemarket
has life in it yet.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Dutton

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: RE: [sharechat] FFS Huang, Julia [Pulp & Paper Kinleith]