Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

RE: [sharechat] Some constructive criticism please

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:15:51 +1200

Well said Ben!

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Ben Dutton [mailto:bendutton@sharechat.co.nz]
                Sent:   Thursday, 6 April 2000 07:36
                To:     sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
                Subject:        [sharechat] Some constructive criticism
please

                The tone of some recent posts dismays me - by all means,
feel free to
                criticise companies and their performance - but please keep
it constructive.
                Sure, it's easy to bag a company for the sake of bagging it
- but, if you do
                feel that way, your points would be much more effective if
they were
                presented in a constructive way.

                I certainly don't want to see any more "unofficial names" on
this forum.

                So, in light of the recent negativity, I'd like to say the
following
                _positive_ comments about the action we've seen in the last
week or so...

                1)  Congratulations to all Fletcher shareholders (especially
FLP).  It's
                been a long and hard ride, but it seems that sticking with
the Fletcher's
                has finally started to pay off.  Congratulations also to the
management of
                Fletchers for organising the FLP deal - lets hope that the
upcoming FFS
                announcement will be just as positive.

                2)  Congratulations to all AIRVB holders.  If you followed
Frank's analysis
                and picked some up when they were trading around the 230-240
band, you'd be
                sitting on a nice profit already, AIRVB closed at 261 last
night - and the
                assumed upcoming Singapore deal still hasn't been finalised.

                If you missed Frank's commentary, check it out at:

                http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2000/03/msg00985.shtml

                I'm also looking forward to the developments in FRO,
following Frank's
                commentary on Monday (check out the Best Post box on the
front page for the
                links).

                3)  Congratulations to all IT and "tech" stock holders that
_didn't_ sell
                their holdings in a panic following the NASDAQ's wild
gyrations over the
                past couple of days.  As I write, the NASDAQ has moved up
again (even though
                this could change in a minute ; ), proving once again that
quality tech will
                never die.  It's the same with any sector - look for the
companies that have
                profits (or realistic profit projections), good management
and strong
                growth.

                So, once again, let's try and keep things positive.

                It's been a great couple of days on the NZSE, proving that
this sharemarket
                has life in it yet.

                Best Regards,

                Benjamin Dutton

                http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for
market investors
                http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Some constructive criticism please Timothy Walker