Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] Questions to pheadrus and snoopy by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:14:49 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

Hi guys.
I sit on the fence, not a happy position some might say, but I would like your view points on the following If you have time.
When a company In an Increasing profit situation suddenly for no obvious reason to most share price drops do you let your stop loss come Into play or understand why and ride It out.    WRI Is an example we have a big Investor that distorted the share price by buying In so consequently after a drop In profit the share price went up.    This works In reverse AIA Is an example of late and It happens all the time In lots of other situations that at first glance you think everyone has gone mad except your self ,of coarse.      It Is normal for a big player to get out after a bit of good news what better time and visa versa.
I find that when the small players sell to a big player the price goes up but when the big player gets out the price drops.
I think Snoopy with his Investment style this wouldn't change anything but pheadrus If he Is anything like woody I will say would take a small loss and move on.  Before I buy Into a share the first thing that I look up Is how many big players do they have?.
questions to pheadrus
where did you learn to draw those neat charts self taught?
Do you use any tools other than TA
how do you deal with the above unforeseen unpredictable situations take the loss or ride It out?
questions to snoopy
are you an accountant?I am Impressed.
Do you use any tools other than FA
Do you use a stop loss?
I know guys there are lots of people out there that will love to hear your comments
                 cheers macdunk
PS The reason I asked you guys Is you have both been Influential In my systems even although I give you a hard time.