Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2003

[sharechat] beyond the trees by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:29:00 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

I am not Interested In the gamble of speculating on the fletcher forest share price In the short term.  I am  more Interested In what comes later.   The real money In my view Is to be made, once the trees are sold off.    whoever Is about to buy and there Is someone for sure, wont sit on there butt like fletcher forest.  I would anticipate there will be an Increase In cutting and exporting, and possibly manufacturing the timber. The companies most likely to benefit Is POT followed by POA.    In order to Increase the exports which must happen puts those two companies  In the drivers seat.   I have had a great run with POA of late, and I do expect to get a great run shortly with POT.  The great number of trees ready to cut requires a company with a bit more up and go than fletcher forest ever had so It Is great that they realize Its beyond them.  Tranzrail wont get much from It, but trucking and milling Is worth watching.     I will make the prediction that POT will take off in the medium to long term.
          cheers macdunk
discL hold poa and pot

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] One Year Profit Bonanza for Investors: FRS No.3 tennyson@caverock.net.nz