Re: [sharechat] WRI ,PGG ,WKL ,Allied Farmers

From: "Graeme Richardson" <chemist@actrix.gen.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 18:29:05 +1200

The share price is irrelevant! To me all that matters are

1 what is the companies historic, current and predicted return on
shareholder equity? ie how well are they making use of my money!
2 how strong is the companies cashflow, and debt/equity ratio
3 I also look at the dividend yeild (being an investor and not a speculator)

The sector doesnt matter.

The benchmark I set is for a consistent ROE n excess of 25%, and a dividend
(portfolio) exceeding 5%.

For a strong company the share price will rise over the long term as
investors recognise its core value.

A good NZ portfolio, of say 9 companies, will currently have a return of
approx 8%, and overall good solid growth.

Cheers

Graeme