Re: [sharechat] WRI ,PGG ,WKL ,Allied Farmers

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:37:18 +1200

Hi Graeme,

> The share price is irrelevant! To me all that matters are
>
> 1 what is the companies historic, current and predicted return on
> shareholder equity? ie how well are they making use of my money!

For WRI:

1999: -1%, 2000: 7.2%, 2001: 9.4%, 2002: 17.5%,  2003: 15%(est)

> The benchmark I set is for a consistent ROE in excess of 25%,

You are a hard taskmaster Graeme!   I guess WRI doesn't qualify, but
then what shares do- consistently?

>2 how strong is the companies cashflow, and debt/equity ratio

Term liabilities are only $2.6m compared to shareholders assets of
$121.2m (as at last balance date)

>3 I also look at the dividend yield
> (being an investor and not a speculator)

Around 15% (imputed)  for WRI

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy