[sharechat] free trade

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:13:53 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Hi
free trade from USA to Middle East within 10 years.
?????????????????/
Excuse me ,isn't most of these people anti-american??????????
Isn't this move anti-competitive to tariff emposed nations such as NZ
Maybe Helen Cluck is on to something here.
Lets see.....Germany, enemy, lost the war.occupied ..top ecomony now
                ....Japan,enemy, lost the war ...occupied...top ecomony now.
                ...Iraq,enemy,  lost the war..occupied.....?????
                ...Vietnam,enemy, won the war...not occupied

Obviously, NZ, once an ally, now a friend of USA, creates trade barriers, so why be friends!!
Investmentwise I will invest with the Bully,even though I am against their dictator type ways. ( just natural way of life ..the big fish in a small pond behaviour).. that is the way business works. However I am increasingly becoming aware of signs of back lash from other lesser major powers..I will store this information in my sub-conscious. Any sign of discontent, I will avoid USA connection type stocks....maybe others, rather more huge investors have already thought this way with to falling US$, and the European Community giving the USA the acid with possible trade sanctions.
However at some point Wall St and NASDQ will look attractive, to NZer's.( once our NZ$ stops rising against the US$.

Just a post to consider, when you decide to enter the oversea fund market .
Cheers
oop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Free Trade ..investment opportunities Richard Hooper