[sharechat] Free Trade ..investment opportunities

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 10:22:30 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Jim Sutton seems to think He is on friendly terms with his American counterpart and nothing has changed since last time they meet. He is quoted that Australia may have a Free Trade Agreement in place in a year's time and we (NZ) will be at the negotiating table a year after that. This, I will assume as good news. Maybe the good old US of A is sincere in trade globalization.

As I am a Long term investor in NZ shares it seems now that I should be focusing on NZ owned companies that export out from Australia or perhaps Australian companies with large operations within NZ .Telstra Telecom, Carter Holt spring to mind. Others?

I wonder if the export of communication data is included within free trade deals ? Does anyone out there know?
oop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] NRT--Novogen G Stolwyk