[sharechat] reply to lazy haggis by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:30:11 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

You ask what is the next big boom will it be  high tech or what?.   The answer can only be a guess, so lets see if I can give you an educated one from my line of thought.  The future repeats itself from the past, so therefore to predict the future we must read and understand the past. How many companies in the past made it in high tech and made the shareholders rich, and how many lost the lot. Some people might argue high tech is only a new thing, but I would disagree with that.  I would argue that the future percentagewise success rate will be the same as the past.  From my perspective being more of a practical than high tech person, my inclination is to stick to what I understand. We have a very easy market in NZ to follow with one third good, one third bad, and the others in between. If the dollar drops farming are the shares to be loading up on WRI would soar. Power companies, the generating ones, anything might happen if we have a drought. The upside of what might happen, is not worth the downside of what could happen I remain on the sidelines there. If sars gets worse AIA and SKC will both drop to much lower levels and be great buys. Air lines we should all know better than that, which leaves ports.  POA and POT will continue on the rise with well managed and well run companies.  LPC however seem to be the old capitalist fighting the rotten pommy union, reds under the bed and all that rubbish where as all that is required is a few heads to be banged together. Retail had a good run on the way down now might make a comeback later. Telecoms and other similar companies my line of thought is to much competition in that field for one company to make it big.  When the next big boom comes it might be the new gas discovery at kauhauroa 1 so get in behind lazy haggis do your homework on this one.
discl hold AIA POA POT
                                     CHEERS MACDUNK

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] The Next Boom after the 90's Hi-Tech? Bill Hughes