Re: [sharechat] Ware house woes by macdunk

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:52:08 +1200

Hi Malcolm,

> Snoopy warehouse in australia is just a very poorly run cheap junk
> store nothing like the NZ warehouse was
> They are ditching the stores they bought over here as
> fast as they can so sites they bought were probally duds anyway. You
> are still seeing stock from pre purchase era still with original price
> stickers etc. so some of it has been sitting around for about three
> years. these are my opinions.
>
> When they have some good promotional merchandise you no
>  longer go shopping for it because the stockline will be so thin
>  you are wasting your time.

I appreciate your frankness.   Perhaps in future years WHS
management will admit paying too much for their Australian
acquisitions!    Neverthess your whole evaluation struck a chord with
me.   How long is your memory?

Because my memory is that your description might apply equally well
apply to the early days of 'the Warehouse' in New Zealand.  And look
where 'The Warehouse' is in the New Zealand market now!   I'm still
taking the longer term view on this one.

SNOOPY

discl: very new WHS shareholder

--
Message posted by Harry Tennyson