Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

Re: [sharechat] POT and Snoopy

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:41:39 +0000

Hi Bill

>My, that title looks suggestive! No Snoopy doesn't smoke POT his
>postings are too rational for that. Looking at the other channel I
>see you may be embarking on a project on how to value shares. In
>itself that I suppose is incorrect, first you would have to value
>the company and from there the shares. I hope it comes about as it
>is a subject I am interested in. A fair bit of work involved so if
>you do have it on you are to be commended.

Nothing too original in what I am doing.  All you need do is pick up
a copy of 'Buffettology' or 'The Buffetology Workbook' to see what I
am up to.   We are just using the same valuation techniques that
Warren Buffett is reputed to use "over there" on our market here.
'We' in this case are the contributors to the ' Focus Investment'
message board.  We don't call it the 'Buffett Board' as we don't want
to restrict the ideas to just Buffett.  Indeed Patsy recently made a
couple of suggestions that improve on Buffett's methods.

Unfortunately our volunteer researcher who was doing Port of Tauranga
(POT) has just resigned :-(.   Apparently I was too condescending to
him, brutal beagle that I am.  However, if anyone else would like to
pick up the ball please feel free.  I'll see you 'over there' on the
sharechat 'Focus Investment Group' message board.

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"