Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

[sharechat] POT and Snoopy

From: prhughes@value.net.nz
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:53:21 +1300

Hi Snoopy

My, that title looks suggestive! No Snoopy doesn't smoke POT his
postings are too rational for that. Looking at the other channel I see
you may be embarking on a project on how to value shares.
In itself that I suppose is incorrect, first you would have to value the
company and from there the shares.
I hope it comes about as it is a subject I am interested in. A fair bit
of work involved so if you do have it on you are to be commended.
Calculators.
If you need a mobile calculator I guess you have to buy one,
otherwise you have the best of best calculator sitting on your desk,
yes the computer. When we only had DOS, From memory you
used BASIC and just typed in print....and insert the whole equation
in BODMAS format....bingo came the answer. The beauty was you
could double check the equation for errors before pressing
enter.With this Windows programme I don't know what the story is.
I still have my old 486.....wouldn't part with it.

Regards

Bill