Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] AUO Chart/Phaedrus

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 18:16:02 +1200

Ok, but my point is you can do it without charts and much faster. Once you have
calculated all the ratios and net asset per share you come up with a target
price that
you will buy in at - not a trend, not a particular chart formation - the only
thing,
particlarly in NZ is to be aware whether there are enough shares available
without
forcing the price up so it may take a number of days to get in.
A target price is something you can act on instantaneously without having to
run any
programs, produce any charts.
You're quite happy from your previous calculations and if the price goes down
then
you buy in more if you can afford to.
Of course your buying, particularly in NZ, is likely to produce chart
formations which
tell chart ridden punters to buy - and at too high a price but that's their
funeral.

The only alert system needed is up to date monitoring of real news and the
latest
prices and volumes.

cheers,
Hugh
----------
> From: Phil Boeyen <pboeyen@sharechat.co.nz>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] AUO Chart/Phaedrus
> Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2002 9:07
>
> Hugh
>
> Although Buffett may not use charts per se, he does - from what I
> understand - work out a value for a company and when that price is reached,
> he buys in.
>
> I find it hard to imagine that he doesn't have some kind of alert system
> which would inform him whether a particular share is heading towards a price
> which he would consider good value i.e. some kind of chart.  In this way he
> would naturally be ready to pounce/do a deal when the share hits his value
> range.
>
> However I have not read anything specific about this.  Perhaps someone else
> who has studied value investing in a little more detail can enlighten?
>
> Cheers, Phil

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Response to Hugh Webber Post Brian & Fiona Brakenridge