Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

Re: [sharechat] Trans Tasman Properties

From: "Andrew Smith" <smith5@free.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:54:16 +1300

Hugh

Like you I am very suspicious of what the management are doing. I do not
trust the major share holder (SEA Holdings) as they also, I understand, have
the management rights. I would have thought that they could not have
possibly written down the properties any further, as all the other property
companies are trading just under NTA or in some cases above. In some ways I
regret not converting my shares to Bonds as least I would be getting 10%
interest.
GPG are not a major share holder unless they are holding them under another
holding company. I sold some on Friday as I cant wait another year. I still
believe though, that the patient shareholders will benefit in growth in the
future. When the convertible notes were converted to bonds all the major
shareholders refused to take this option which lead me to believe they also
knew the intrinsic value that is there in the bricks and mortar not what is
shown on the accounts.
Regards
Andrew
disclaimer Hold TTP