Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

[sharechat] Trans Tasman Properties

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 16:00:25 +1300

There seem to be a number of company reports not getting discussed at all on
Sharechat,
not sure why.

Yet again TTP has produced another disappointing report and its NTA has gone
down from seventy
something cents a share to fifty something cents a share. Yet its share price
is 21 cents a share.
If its valuations are done by honest registered valuers and the management had
any brains they'd
sell it all off and wind it up as they don't seem to be getting anywhere over a
period of years.
What are its gearing ratios as a matter of interest?

At one stage it was the largest listed property owner in NZ and I think its as
big again in
Australia as it is in NZ.
Every year it seems to be taking a tremendous hit on writing down property and
yet some other major
players have been writing property values up. Is it preparing the ground for
another el cheapo
management buy out bid perhaps....does it really think GPG goes to sleep that
easily...

I see there's one or two articles in the NBR Will has posted for us, one
headlined how well the
Aussies thinl out property companies are doing. I'd better read those now -
probably find I wish I
hadn't spoken out first ;-).

Disclosure: Don't own any TTP but I did once and I remain rather curious.

P.S. Where are all those AQL fans of yesteryear....I see Certified Organics has
made a decent sort
of loss with another one coming up.....does its share register still contain
all those famous names
that caused otherwise quite sober people to commit instant hara kiri and dive
in?