Re: [sharechat] Lion Selection/Helix/Robin Widdup

From: "Desmond McDonnell" <desmondo@labyrinth.net.au>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:17:40 +1100

Hey, this is rather an unfair sort of language, detracting if not
calumniating. Have you been instructed on sins? If I were you, I would
head off to church and start learning about it. Course there are
churches and churches. For directions, write to Mrs Margaret McKenna,
15 Crecy Place, New Windsor.

In any case I am quite sure Lion, Widdup and Were would be readily
able to repudiate this strangely derogatory spin of yours. Seems to me
Lion is pretty much on the right track.

But please tell me, what NZ golds do you like? I get the impression
there is none. Is gold mined in NZ? Or are you still into dot.coms over
there?

You End-Zedders were the first into the New Year but still living in the
1900s the last to wake to investment realities of millennium.

Don't worry, I come from a country town in Victoria myself, Ballarat.
They've got gold there, but have been frightened away from it by past
greed, scandal, incompetence, and maybe worse.

Such as demonstrated by a lunatic $100m decline that went about 100
yards down and caved in, burying all the trusting shareholders, in one
of the engineering scandals of all time.

Regards
Peter Jenkins

You said:

All the chats about LSG ... the golden rule of investment is know the
management and in this case, the investment manager.  It is indeed Mr
Robin Widdup, the J B Were's analyst for Helix.

Helix is the share that went to dizzy heights 5 years ago on the back
of wild analysis that the company had found a big hunk of gold ... the
hunk of gold proved to be somebody's imagination!  Helix share price
crashed to dirt and during that period, Lion Selection Group was
formed.

Hope those buying into LSG have better luck than the poor ole Helix
investors!

and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

------ To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at