Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] high interest rate returns

From: "geoff_julie" <gk_jawalker@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:19:08 +1300

Hi Hugh

one of the basic principles of investment is the higher the return, the higher the risk.  Companies offering 11.5 + rates must surely fall into the category of high risk.  If your happy with the risk, go for it.  Me, no way, I like going to bed with a clear mind, not worrying whether my hard earned money is going down the gurgler.

Still, to each their own.

Regards

Geoff Walker

disclaimer:  don't hold ANY high risk term deposits, never have and never will (check out AMP rates on www.liquid.co.nz.  Interest rates only half of those in the Press you mentioned but at least you know you'll get your interest and capital returned when it matures).

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] MHI, HBY tennyson@caverock.net.nz