Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Something to think about for all you newbie chartists

From: "Robin Court" <rugila@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:59:19 +1300

If anyone is interested in how markets eg sharemarket behaves, they behave according to the decisions made by the people who participate in them. if you understand (and can predict) these decisons you understand (and can predict)the markets. There's plenty of half truths purveyed on this topic, eg. "However complete and recent statistical information may be, it always remains information about the past, and does not assert anything about
 the future."
Past information gives information about people have behaved in the past. Now do you (or anyone) theorise on the persistence of patterns in human behaviour, whether there is a consistent response to (market) stimuli, information etc., and if so can you find it? It's an interesting topic, with some interesting logical feedbacks and partial indeterminacies. I personally see chartism as a lazy person's way to try to conme to grips with whatever consistent patterns there may be in human and market behaviour.
Chartism or TA is not a method I would use myself, but I can understand the motivations of some of those that do.