Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] Charting Workshop

From: "Nick McCaw" <nick.mccaw@golearn.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:56:19 +1300

There is some very intelligent comments being made here, and also a few seriously ignorant ones.

It is so important to understand that there really is hundreds, if not thousands of different strategies that you can use to invest in shares.

Every investor, (including you) should aim to find the strategy, or combination of strategies that suits YOU.

The best strategy can fall apart in the hands of the wrong person. The worst strategy will make money in the hands of someone else.

If you all sat down with Warren and he told you exactly what he does, and he held your hand all the way through, most of you probably wouldn't become rich. Because he is incredibly good at what HE does.

The same can be said for traders who trade for a living. These people use simple, consistent strategies, that work for them.

One strategy is not better or worse, they are just suited to different people. Your goal here should not be to take a moral or professional standpoint, supporting or criticizing one over another. It should be to listen, learn, and develop what works for you.

Making money in the markets is not rocket science, it just takes discipline, consistency, and a strategy that you can use.

As I previously posted, I can offer those that are interested, a very good introduction to how charts can be incorporated into their current or future investment strategy.

We are based in Auckland but travel around NZ and regularly. I have so far received 6 expressions of interest. I would like to offer this almost free in support of the efforts that you guys put in to helping each other. Perhaps there could be a potential to set up a more structured network further down the track.

We might have to talk nicely to Ben and his team.

Regards
Nick from Intelligent Investing