Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] PRG,s Classic Bearhug

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:51:26 +1000

Hi there,

Chalkie also raised some points about the takeover in the NBR last week,
check out the article here:

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/news/nbr/article.php/444bbeec

You'll probably find that there hasn't been much comment because not many
people hold shares in PRG, from memory they only have a share register of
around 600 people and some of those may have already sold out when Logan
bought 5% more of PRG on market (they are allowed to do that under the
"creep" provisions of the takeover rules).

So perhaps it's inevitable that the takeover will happen.  However, this
sort of carry on does nothing for reputations of those involved, but then
again, do they actually care?

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
(Disc. do not hold PRG).