Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] halfwit air

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:06:25 +1200

how can some Australians be so thick? They vetoed any rationalisation of
Ansett and Air NZ operations like engineering, it was their own companies
(News Corp) that refused to update the fleet, it was Air NZ which found the cash
of 1.5 million a day to keep Ansett going, it was their own Australian Govt that
let in Virgin Blue and Impulse to totally destroy Australian airline
profitability
and then let the situation run away. Inevitably receivership results but
everyone
but Australia is to blame.
I was absolutely flabbergasted to hear on the car radio on the way to work
yesterday
the Australian unions accusing Air N Z of taking Ansetts cash and walking away.
What Ansett cash? The only cash they had was provided by Air NZ.
I was equally flabbergasted to hear an Australian Federal Government Minister
joining in and saying it was all Air N Z's fault.
Either he's abysmally ignorant and stupid - and I think he's their Minister of
Transport, or he's totally without scruples and a complete hypocrite and would
sell his soul for an extra vote.

cheers,
Hugh

----------
> From: laura  bishop <lool@optusnet.com.au>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: [sharechat] halfwit air
> Date: Friday, 14 September 2001 10:05
>
> I would certainly hope that air nz does not think it can cast off ansett and
> its australian staff so easily.A news report tonight on australian tv has
> union members threatening blackbans on air nz flights indefinately  if
> outstanding entitlements (reported to be around 400m dollars)are not payed
> to affected employees.Any new start up airline (an ansett hybrid)may find
> itself pushing excrement up hill as there is a growing anger at the behavior
> of some foreign owned businesses currently operating here and this no doubt
> will fuel the fire.With the balance sheet of air nz in the condition that it
> is, it would appear that all that they have left is a name .And its our name
> at that.

> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.shtml.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] halfwit air Gary Wilson - Brisbane