Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] The RBC Board.

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:11:51 +1200

The RBC Board has been enlarged from 6 to 8 members. The new members, messrs. Virta and Kasnet have excellent international forestry credentials.

Shareholders may ask why a relatively small company really needs 8 members.

 After all, FFS is the company which in my opinion has a weaker Board and could have done with these two gentlemen.

Is it, because the current FFS Board members were not keen to see two positions replaced by these two?

I do think that RBC's choice of these two Board members make a lot of sense but do we need 8?

Would one member of the current Board be prepared to step down to make room for these excellent choices?

I notice that at least one member already has a full book of appointments. Does he think that RBC needs him?

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] brand names Ben Dutton