Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] TLS

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:26:51 +1200

Well said, Snoopy!
Chartism, reading chicken entrails and astrology
belong back in the Middle Ages with Nostrodamus.
Nearly everyone has played the game of occasionally
reading their star sign after the event and then saying
How true that was if I interpret this and that in certain
ways.

We keep on having these games where people madly
guess what certain shareprices are going to be in X
months time and the accidental temporary winner gets
a bottle of wine (Okay, if they can convince me in terms
of fundamental value analysis why they picked a particular
share then I'll match the bottle of wine!)

How bout a competition amongst chartists to pick where
each of the top 40 will be in say 3 months time? Do we
have enough of 'em to make a competition?
It would be hilarious with all the mouthing about trend lines
cutting through moving averages and head and shoulders
getting decapitated just before the mirror image part appeared.

cheers,
Hugh