Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] AIR latest forecasts

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:09:03 +0000

> You could make things more interesting by producing plan B, as
> outlined before: A smaller cash issue!

No need for me to produce plan B when Singapore Airlines have done it
for me.  A straight cash injection followed by a rights issue.  Yes,
that might do it!   A cash issue only would have to be too
heavily discounted to raise the $2 billion needed, so was always a
doubtful goer..

Looks like bad news for Brierley investments.  There is no easy out
for their 30% share now.  And Greg Terry has said he won't be putting
any more money into Air NZ, without a clear indication of a profit
for them at the end of it.

So who will be stumping up for the rights issue, on behalf of
Brierley's shares?   Maybe my prediction of the government
underwriting that is looking more likely?

Then there is the issue of the A and B shares.   If Singapore
Airlines are issued more B shares, then some other based in New
Zealand kiwi organization will have to be issued with more A
shares.  Otherwise it is theoretically possible for Air NZ to fall
under foreign control- and that means bye bye landing rights.  Anyone
care to speculate how AIR will get out of this one?  SNOOPY

(disclosure hold AIRVB)

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."