Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] Rivkin Report

From: "Black Sache" <blacksache@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 05:24:06

As a newby to the Australian sharemarket I was interested in Rene Rivken's
Australian sharemarket report. After being suckered into paying the $500
through his late night info-mercial hosted by chief American TV scam artist
Mr Trudeau I started receiving Rivken's Report.

Armed with my small but modest savings of $10,000 I bought into three of
Rene's recommendations. They are for those interested, Pasminco (PAS), NRMA
(NRM, and Orica (ORI). As it stands today PAS was recommended a sell by
Rivken after diving from the 90c buying recommendation to 23c sell. A loss
of over $2000 of my hard earned savings. Orica, recommended a buy by Rivken
around $5.75 is now trading at $4.05, again as it stands a loss. And lastly
NRMA originally recommended a buy at $3 is the only joy with current market
value at $3.15.

So, my experience with the report is not a positive one with a current loss
of around 30% excluding the cost of subscription. Some investment that was.

Some of his recommendations are up however they are very few. It has been a
tough time for the ASX and the Australian economy in general so this would
have something to do with Rene's performance.

Now 12 months later it is time to re-subscribe, I don't think so!

Time to cut losses and maybe trust a managed fund instead.

I am interested in hearing other peoples experience with Rene's report, in
particular, subscribers prior to the last 12 months.

I did find his methodology informing and his approach interesting to read
but it may have been more worth while buying his book to get this.