Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] Rivkin Report

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:58:16 +1200

An even better suggestion - read Buffetology by Mary Buffett and do it
yourself.
I'm not quite sure why this and one or two recent posts have this lemming
like
rush overseas. Anywhere overseas regardless of the fundamental value.
The gross yield %'s and P/E's in NZ are the world beaters. The dollar
pundits
are still picking the NZ dollar to go up (altho it would be better for the
NZ
economy if we stayed down).
Why invest overseas and lose when one can invest in NZ and win?

----------
> From: Black Sache <blacksache@hotmail.com>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: [sharechat] Rivkin Report
> Date: Tuesday, 19 June 2001 17:24
>
> As a newby to the Australian sharemarket I was interested in Rene
Rivken's
> Australian sharemarket report. After being suckered into paying the $500
> through his late night info-mercial hosted by chief American TV scam
artist
> Mr Trudeau I started receiving Rivken's Report.
>
> Armed with my small but modest savings of $10,000 I bought into three of
> Rene's recommendations. They are for those interested, Pasminco (PAS),
NRMA
> (NRM, and Orica (ORI). As it stands today PAS was recommended a sell by
> Rivken after diving from the 90c buying recommendation to 23c sell. A
loss
> of over $2000 of my hard earned savings. Orica, recommended a buy by
Rivken