Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: [sharechat] Various

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:52:28 +1200

Thxs Will
will pass the message on back to source, not often I pass on virus alerts
,but this one came from ""reliable "" sources....and it seemed genuine... oh
well ...better safe than sorry.
It seems u are burning midnite oil as well .....Interesting to note Thistle
had a bad opening on footsie down 9
1/2  to 133p  NASDEQ  dead cat bounce at opening.
There is alot of work to do regarding NZSE with the flux of FEG money (hence
still awake) my CAH & CEN  shares which I heavily invested in a few months
back have all of a sudden borne fruit in a big way. It has taken me by
surprise so I am contiplating my navel as to what to do tomorrow ..My
instinct says hold ..my wallet says sell...... hence the burning of midnite
oil .
I like the way the Americians are viewing their economy and their solution
to stemming their growth decline. they are not in recession yet and they
have dropped their interest rates and it seems they are going to pump
Trillions of US$ back into their economy via tax cuts.....This must give
confidence to the rest of the world to know that both Govt and its chief
bank are in harmony. Its a pity that in NZ I have not got that feeling that
Govt and our Reserve bank have the same relationship as the States
I hope Mr Cullen is astute in reading all financial talk (including
sharechat) because if he (Govt ) can use economic theory e.g. tax cuts in
recession ,tax increases in boom times in tandem with reserve bank
loosening/tightening  as the States are doing now ,it might reinforce the
confidence of investment which is needed for growth. This economic theory
has been around for nearly 1000yrs or longer but before the 20th century
,Govts have been able to manipulate the uninformed people due to censored or
propaganda to their own ends ...This can not happen now at the moment with
free open communication thru the internet (this will change because the
internet is slowily getting censored thru regulation... to which we will be
worse off . ..at the moment us as individuals have the power to delete any
obscene or anything we feel disgusted about ......but.to let the powers to
decide for us ..is a step backwards  ....we all have a delete button, and we
all have to remember that censorship can affect vitual information  e,g
sensitive economic information . .........I might seem rambling here but the
reason is that the rest of the world operates while NZers sleep ,as I have
most of my money in NZ shares with overseas parent companys and my
investments earn me more money that I get from my enployment it pays to
donate more hours into investment than in my job ....(in business theory u
donate proportionate time to the best income stream ) thus  late hours
...little sleep.... and hopefully I dont have to say ...gee that was bad
luck with that investment( I have said that often :))   ).
Enough from me
RIL If u are on the net say hi  I will be online until 4.30 pm your time
Cheers
Hoop