Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

[sharechat] Various

From: RIL <ril99_99@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:21:00 +0000 (GMT)

So sorry to see you lose half your air strike
capability in the last few days. Still there is always
the hang-glider option with a .303 strapped to the
sail.

Things, I think are going to get a lot worse in this
stock slide. Nasdaq P/E's are still way too high. As I
said before here I think 1000 - 1500 (closer to 1000)
is realistic. As for the Dow, looking for 4000 to 5000
once this is finished as earnings growth is going to
disappear.

Amused at Kiwis crowing that their market is going
against the trend. Like a cat dropped to its death
from an office building 13 years ago that suddenly
develops a nervous twitch.

Actually, I am fascinated to see how this potentially
very serious downturn affects NZ. It must affect the
export and tourism dollars obviously. It is, however,
very interesting to observe (from a distance) a
country getting poorer and to see what in the
infrastructure gives as this global correction takes
place.

>From where I stand I see a place that is a collection
of junk retail outlets, cafes and a goodish
agriculture sector (which is failing to capitalise on
its current opportunities).

As regards the NZ market: stay out of it until this is
done. It is nothing more than a pathetic joke. There
was no life in it in the 90's until the tech burst and
that is now done bar the receivers.

Soon transferring to the USA for a couple of years.

All the best and if it gets too tough you can always
go to Australia - but make it quick before immigration
is completely stopped.

This months hot tip: Put Options on Drug Stocks