Re: [sharechat] IntraNet Technologies

From: Phil Eriksen <phil@acepay.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:12:21 +1300

cosykiwi wrote:

> What does anybody think about InraNet.

>From article on www.nzherald.co.nz :

--
After the issue, Indranet will have a market capitalisation of just over
$195 million. The five million shares on offer constitute 2.56 per cent
of the company.
--

$195 million sure sounds like a heck of a lot of money to me.  I confess
to not looking at Indranet in depth - I had a go and found it all a

I think even the biggest supporter of Indranet would have to regard the
share as "speculative".  Indeed, the herald article says :

--
But as the prospectus and investment statement point out, Indranet is
still in the early research and development phase of bringing its vision

My argument is not with the technology (which I don't understand) or the
management (don't know anything about them) nor the future potential
(haven't got a clue).  My only query is regarding the valuation.  Even
if the technology is top notch, the management are superb and the
potential vast - isn't that very much priced in?

For the kind of risks that seem to be involved here, you would want the
potential for the shares to be worth 5 times what they are now within a
couple years - billion dollar market cap?

Can someone confirm the $195 mil valuation isn't a misprint?

Cheers,
Phil