Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

[sharechat] FLB and CAH

From: michgore <michgore@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:16:17 +1300

  I read in the news, reports of a downturn in the building industry in
both New Zealand and Australia not expected to pick up again until March
or so 2001.  Executives from both Carter Holt Harvey and Fletcher
Building were quoted in the papers saying that this was having a
negative effect on profitability.  I'm pretty sure this wont be news to
those who closely follow the industry but does anyone think this news
will affect share prices over coming weeks?  It is my belief that both
these shares are already at cheap if not bargain prices.  I hold both
these shares and remain confident that for the long term they will be
good investments, just curious as to peoples opinions for the immediate
future.   cheers  michael

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] 2001 thingee K & A Frankum