Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] 2001 thingee

From: "Jeremy" <jeremy@electrosilk.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:06:23 +0800

> I'll go for indranet.  Shares are offmarket until prospectus expires ie
> aprox 6 months but if they can get their tech off the ground - move over
> telecom.

As I posted before, I don't think Indranet is a sound technology company.

If you look critically at what they are doing, they have bought a couple of
off-the-shelf wireless LAN adaptors from a US company and have networked
them across the room.

This is the sort of thing that the guys in Telecom (and everywhere else)
have been doing for years.

The only original thing that they have done is dress up their offering in
the most incredible hyperbole I have yet seen in a technology company (so
much so, the British Internet Press have taken great delight in their site
and have publicised it under their humour sections)

Everything about them shrieks of problems.  The flowery hyperbole, the 20 or
whatever years of 'research', the lame explanations of what they have done
or will do.  Worst, they have simply taken well proven overseas technology
and claimed it as their own original invention.

Unless you subscribe to the greater-fool theory, run a mile on this one.
You have zero, I repeat ZERO chance of this outfit going anywhere.

jeremy

(All statements are my opinions, verify the facts yourself before making up
your mind)