Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

[sharechat] Fletcher forests - what did you guys decide

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:12:39 +1300

          I spent two weeks convincing myself not to take up the
rights, then on wednesday i suddenly had an urge to write the
cheque and all my previous logic was swept aside in a wave
of greed.
              Basically i thought  "you gotta be in to win"
I decided i would rather go down fighting than tamely accept that
i stuffed up buyin them on the way down at 60c.

    Now im feeling more optimistic on several grounds.
1. The price has been hammered, all the bad news is out there.
2. The world wide slump in stocks making people too pessimistic
3. There is more chance of them being sold when standing alone
     without too much debt
4. Eventually citic will be resolved
5. The nz market is due for a new year rally
6. I couldnt bear to have not taken the rights and watched the
   price of the shares rise
7. Its sunday and im bored and have nothin better to do than convince myself
     i havnt just flushed  five grand down the toilet.

 nick
   p.s    im off to cycle upto the top of the port hills now,
 back later if i dont have a heart attack before reachin sign of the kiwi

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FLB and CAH michgore