Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] FFS Rights

From: "Grant Keymer" <grant@jenlogix.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:21:07 +1300

Gerry,

You're not alone in feeling that you're "whistling in the dark".
I too felt shivers down my spine when I read the RISKS section of the FFSRA investment statement.

It's interesting watching the trading patterns of FFS and FFSRA today...

FFS has just spiked downwards briefly a few minutes ago then recovered to 25c.
But more significant than that -- almost 80 million rights have been bought today.
One trade alone accounted for over 50 million of these rights before the market opened this morning.
That buyer is going to have to cough up $12.5 million to take up those rights because it is now almost impossible to sell them again (10 minutes trading of FFSRA left).

Why would that buyer commit themselves to parting with $12.5 million if there wasn't some pretty good upside around the corner?

If they don't take up those rights, they have just kissed goodbye to $50k.
Think seriously about it, whatever you decide to do.

Myself, I've decided it is crunch time and I've just written out the cheque for almost $12k.
My wife is going to post it in a few minutes...
So take a deep breath with me, grasp your pen firmly and sign your life away!

Good luck to all of us taking up the rights.

Cheers

Grant Keymer

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] LAC and LACO: Progress. G Stolwyk