Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] AFFCO

From: "Warner Lamb" <cloud9@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:10:02 +1300

Thx for replies, Hi G..long time no hear. Yes I would tend to agree that the
scare would put people off altogether than "trusting" some beef is ok (mad
cow). That was my concern too, I was in the tourism industry in Kaikoura and
did note how many Europeans were becoming vegetarian...esp women from
England. ( is this a long term trend? )
On the other hand, I know those who must have their meat, so supply and
demand may work in their favour, and pricing may become favourable if
marketed well. I think all of NZs primary producers could benefit from this
"image" as an isolated and clean country. GPG seem to be recognising this.
This would certainly help the pricing ability of our producers and help them
further to distinguish our products, thus keeping them a step ahead of being
a basic commodity.
I hope some of these guys are hedging around 40c too.

Warner

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] FFS Rights Grant Keymer