Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Goodwill.

From: "Warner Lamb" <cloud9@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:03:38 +1300

Thanks Brian, getting clearer! I think I have a problem understanding
"goodwill" as oppossed to "economic goodwill"... I see economic goodwill as
intangible assets that are producing positive earnings as opposed to
goodwill that may come in the future but is yet to be proved, say R&D and
software with "potential". In my examples I am refering to economic goodwill
that could be an intangible in the books but produces earnings.

In RMG's case, I see that most companies rolled into RML have been done at
25-27c Aus. (currently 24c) and that the most recent aquisition of Task
force in Auckland was set at 36c NZ (market price was around 25-6c.) does
this mean that alot of "goodwill" disappears? Its good to see that these
companies are still prepared to join RMG at premiums to market prices.

Thanks
warner.

PS: you didnt mention significance of NTA.?