Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

RE: [sharechat] ITC

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:01:25 +1300

Hi Nick,
I'm a staunch ITC fan and believe they have performed exceptionally well and
have still further fantastic future prospects.
As a holder of a significant number of shares [relative to my total small
portfolio anyway!] I'd hate any questions that you might ask on my prompting
to have a negative effect on the share price.
Nevertheless, I also have noted some concern within the Sharechat forum on
the question of options. Some chatters have expressed the view that there
seem to be an inordinate number of these. The concerns seem to be, firstly,
about the diluting effect of these when they are exercised and, secondly,
that directors and senior executives of the company can reward themselves
improperly via this medium. Some judicious questioning about options may be
appropriate but PLEASE do not stir up a hornets nest in the interest of
scoring a good story.
I have not noticed any reference in this forum to "goings on" at ITC ----
not a terribly positive phrase in my opinion!
Cheers
John