Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] directional movement

From: "Graeme & Jill Christie" <bayvu@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 22:29:32 +1200

Sorry Phil, got to agree with Brian. There is a big difference between an 'actual' loss (cash) and an 'unrealised'  loss if your shares temporarily lose value. That loss only becomes 'real' the moment you sell. By the way, after a bit of an absence it's interesting to see there are some good debates going on in this forum. This one about Eric Watson's related companies is an example that stretches the imagination. If he'd put more money into Flying Pig would anyone necessarily expect Elders, etc to go up, and why? Time will tell, but as usual I'm hoeing into these cheap co.s. Just might take longer to turn around...... Cheers. Graeme