Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] directional movement

From: Roy <baldman@internet-auditor.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:07:22 +1200

This thread reminds me of an observation regarding those who have only been in the market a shortish time.
THEY seem
Happy to sell good stocks for a profit
rather than sell bad stocks a loss.

With regard to RMG the discussion depends on your time horizon surely.

I believe for instance that Telecom is a long term growth prospect however that did not stop me selling my last tranche at a small loss (6.95) so that I could re-enter later at a lower price.(6.48). Of course if I was a longer term man I would probably not have noticed the volatility :):).

But then my main time horizon is focused on cleaning up my act before going to the pub on a Friday night :):)   (or any other suitable night if it comes to that!!!)

Cheers

"I Trade therefore I am"
Zen Trader philosophy

Roy

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] chasing from 38 c to zero RMG malcolm feisst