Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Tax Return

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 18:01:46 +1200

If you wish to claim losses and expenses on your sharemarket activities, as
far as IRD are concerned you are operating a business (a business in buying
and selling shares) therefore you need to produce a full set of accounts
either as a Sole Trader, Partnership or  Limited Liability Company, to be
forwarded with your end of year Tax Return
  This the way Ritchie  operates and why he talks about claiming various
expenses. But as has been said if you don't have accountancy experience -
get an accountant to advise you on the ramifications.
BG