Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Tax Return

From: jesse <johne777@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 18:33:36 +1200

Roger
like any business expense, you claim it in the period it occurs. You'd
have to claim the $50 in the tax year ending 31 March 2000. Are you
trading yet or thinking of?

Good luck with seperate portfolio, long and short term. Let us know how
you get on. I decided to simply pay tax on all my trades, even if I
could have argued it was a long term investment. I was missing
opportunities because I was more focused on tax consequences than making
a profit. Now I dont have to hesitate when selling, wondering if the
trade will attract tax.

These are my opinions/experiences only. As others have said, talk to
your advisor. cheers
jesse

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Software Tony Haddon