Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Headlines and sharemarkets

From: Nick Kearney <nk@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:35:09 +1200

Oliver Shapleski wrote:

> Ben Dutton wrote:
>
> "it's posts like yours that lowers the standards that we work so hard
> attain.
> I can't see how it's "innocent" sending an article with a headline
> "**** YOU'RE A BORING LOT!"
> That's not inadvertent - that's deliberate.
> Believe it or not, but there are many more people subscribed to this
> forum
> than you think.  The vast majority do NOT appreciate reading postings
> like
> that."
> *****
> Now hang on a minute.  A certain word wasn't in the headline, but was
> "hypothetical newspaper article" that, of course, we would never see
> in the
> newspapers, for many more reasons than you focus on now.
>
> The "article/humourous tale" contemplates the New Zealand malaise in
> general
> which is clearly reflected in the NZ sharemarket.  I would have
> thought a broader
> contemplation of the NZ psychology outside pure stock prices would
> have been
> appreciated by most readers in the forum (including yourself), but
> obviously a particular word  has denigrated the interest in what else
> has been written.
>
> I respect that you want certain standards, and I fully agree that you
> should remove the origianl posting and any subsequent posting that
> repeats the word, but before you start blowing your top consider the
> context of the post a little more holistically.  I try and contribute
> to the discussions at
> just as high a standard as most on this forum despite my limited
> experience, so I object to the suggestion that I am trying to
> deliberately lower the tone of the form.
>
> Oliver

Hi All

I would just like to contribute very quickly to this.  I don't say much
on this forum.

I receive about 50-80 e-mails a day from here.  They all take time to
look at and evaluate.  They would take even less time and lessen the
clog on my server if these 'commentaries' weren't here.

There are thousands of forums to discuss politics, current affairs,
gossip or whatever you want.  Use those if you want to talk rubbish.
USe this if you want to talk shares, profits (& losses!!)and markets.  I
am sick of pages and pages of dribble on this from people like Oliver.

Thank You

NK

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.