Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

[sharechat] AIRVB warning

From: warren harder <wrnharder@altavista.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2000 21:02:16 -0700

It seems to me anyway that SIA could be losing interest in buying into AirNZ -
not that I blame them with all the runaround they have had to endure. Below is
a comment made by the CEO of SIA to Reuters yesterday in relation to the Star
Alliance, and SIA's interest in Virgin Australia.
--------------------------------
VIRGIN NO CONFLICT WITH STAR
Singapore Airlines CEO, Dr Cheong Choong Kong said today that SIA's interest in
Virgin was not in conflict with its entry into Star, of which Virgin is not a
member, nor would it affect SIA's commitment to the alliance.
"Star partners can and do compete with one another. We thrive on the
competition," he said.
Cheong also said it was up to the management of Virgin to decide whether it
wanted to join the alliance.
SIA, given board representation in Virgin after completing its purchase of a
49-percent stake in the
airline, expects to attend its first Virgin board meeting soon to discuss
synergies, cost savings and
other issues between the two airlines.

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Rebound Matthew Van Veen