[sharechat] ITC's decline

From: brendon peters <bndpeters@postmark.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:23:31 +0000

I agree with comments about ITC not being able to keep above the 80c
resistance barrier and halting this continual decline to the 70c mark.
The interesting thing of course is when it comes to financial results
reporting time - and how ITC will fare in the markets then.
We have seen one of Australia's tech darlings, Solution 6, a couple
of days ago, posting a phenomenal $66 million net loss for the first
half of its financial year. Six months ago, Solution 6 shares were
trading at around the $18 mark, today they are only worth $7.51.
And today, I read that Sausage Software (creme de la creme of Aussie
tech stocks) announced yesterday a sizzling set of financial figures
for its half-year results to December 31, 1999, reporting massive
increases in both revenues and profits. And what did the market do
yesterday???
Sausage shares went down 4¢ to $5.31.
With the above lessons in mind,investors must be realistic about the
prospects of stocks such as ITC - and not hang on to their shares
because of some unrealistic expectation that they will soar to giddy
heights. If you can pick up profit, do so as otherwise somebody else
will and you will be left behind.

Brendon

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] ITA Matthew Van Veen